Biscuits are one of the familiar cakes, loved by both adults and children because of their delicious and attractive taste. Usually, the baking process is quite cumbersome because you need to weigh the right amount of dough, and to save time you should make large quantities. If you do not store them well, they will become soft and not as crispy as desired. This article will share how to Reheat Biscuits in Air Fryer. This information will help both you and the biscuits.
- 1 Why should you use an air fryer to reheat biscuits?
- 2 How to reheat biscuits in an air fryer?
- 3 Tips for reheating biscuits in an air fryer
- 4 How to make butter biscuits using an air fryer
- 5 Other ways to heat biscuits
- 6 Can you freeze biscuits dough?
- 7 Conclusion
Why should you use an air fryer to reheat biscuits?
Air fryers are great for reheating leftovers or frozen foods. It uses air circulation to heat food, making sure to cook or reheat any food.
– Thanks to the evenly circulating heat inside the pot, you don’t have to flip the cake many times, but the cookies are still crispy and have a beautiful golden color.
– In addition, when reheating biscuits with an oil-free fryer, you also save baking time. Usually, it only takes you about 3 minutes to have a delicious batch of cakes.
– The drawback of the air fryer is that the pot capacity is smaller than the oven, so it only allows you to bake a small number of cakes.
– Need to take out the air fryer tray gently and leave it until it cools down. Avoid moving biscuits while they are still hot, as they may break.
You can also reheat biscuits in the microwave for a few minutes, but the heat from the microwave tends to dry out the biscuits. The oven is best for reheating biscuits but it takes a long time to heat up. Biscuits become so much fresher and tastier after reheating in an air fryer.
*** Read more: What To Serve With Venison Tenderloin?
How to reheat biscuits in an air fryer?
The air fryer has the same reheating technique as the oven. Besides, you’ll reheat biscuits a lot faster than in a microwave or oven.
Here’s how you can reheat them in an air fryer:
- First, preheat the air fryer to about 320 to 350 degrees F.
- Then, take the biscuits you want to warm up. Since the area of the air fryer is not large, you will only be able to warm up a small amount of cake.
- Using a brush, spread some melted butter on both sides of the biscuits before reheating. This way, the cake won’t dry out on the outside.
- Then put them in the basket of the air fryer. Timer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the air fryer and take out the basket to check the temperature of the biscuits.
6. If you find the sides are hot enough, you can put them back in the oven. Turn over and continue to reheat.
7. Continue baking for a minute or two, then remove the biscuits from the fryer.
The result is that the biscuits will be crispy and spongy. They even taste like freshly baked biscuits from the oven. Enjoy them with some milk or some chamomile tea!
Tips for reheating biscuits in an air fryer
– Avoid overlapping the cakes if you don’t want the sides to not heat evenly.
– When reheating biscuits, you must apply some butter on both sides of them. They will not dry out.
– Besides, you must set the ideal temperature and time to reheat the biscuits. This will make the cake crispy and not burnt.
– Do not place cakes too close together. Because the hot air will pass through the circulation gaps in the pot.
– You should store the cake in a glass jar or sealed bag so that the cake does not become soft or moldy.
*** Read more: Can Birds Eat Cornmeal? (Answered) – Mindyfox
How to make butter biscuits using an air fryer
You can make cakes with other flavors by adding flour when sifting like matcha, chocolate…
#1. Ingredients for making butter biscuits with an air fryer
– Vanilla essence 3ml
– 1 chicken egg
– Powdered sugar 120 grams
– Butter 120 grams
– Wheat flour 200 grams (should choose flour number 13 or flour number 11)
– When choosing flour, should choose flour number 13.
– Because each type of flour has different water absorption when making cakes, the amount of flour used may vary from 10 to 30 grams compared to the amount of flour stated in the recipe.
– Butter plays an important role, directly affecting the quality of the batch of cakes. Therefore, it is advisable to choose a good butter to ensure the best quality of biscuits.
– Use powdered sugar. If you don’t have powdered sugar, it’s a good idea to grind or pulverize it to a normal diameter to ensure the ingredients are well blended.
#2. Air fryer for making butter biscuits
– Non-stick stencils
– Sift flour
– Biscuit molds (optional)
– Air fryer
#3. How to make butter biscuits using an air fryer
- Cut the butter into small pieces, melt the butter in a water bath or put it in the microwave. After the butter has melted, let the butter come to room temperature.
- Add egg yolks and use a spatula to beat the eggs and butter together.
- Using a small bowl, sift powdered sugar into the bowl and continue to mix well.
- Continue to sift the flour into the bowl, and mix well until the ingredients are combined.
How to test the quality of the dough: put the powder in the cream bag and squeeze it. If the cookie dough can be squeezed down easily, the lines are smooth, there are no jagged or torn marks, and the dough is of good quality.
– Do not let the dough be too mushy, as you will have difficulty shaping the biscuits, and if the dough is too dry, the cake will be hard.
How to handle: you add flour to make the dough drier. If the dough is too dry, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of egg yolks to make the dough softer.
- Shape biscuits.
The simplest way to shape is to shape the dough into a round cylinder, put it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, then take it out and cut it into pieces, about 1cm thick. You can create the shape you want.
If shaping according to the mold, you should note that the thickness of the cake must be the same, otherwise, the cake will easily burn.
2. Turn on the air fryer at 300 degrees F for about 10 minutes. Then, place the cake in the pot (lined with non-stick baking paper), and bake for 2 minutes at 320 degrees F.
When the cake turns slightly golden, reduce the temperature of the fryer to 200 degrees F, and bake for another 3-5 minutes. Total baking time with the air fryer is about 8 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown.
– After the cake is done baking, you should turn off the air fryer, open the pot slightly, leave the cake in the pot for about 3-5 minutes and then take out the cake. Doing so helps the biscuits stay crispy and keep longer.
– After taking the cake out of the oven, leave the cake in a well-ventilated place, until the cake is completely cooled, then put the cake in a sealed box or bag.
*** Read more: How To Reheat Hush Puppies The Right Way
Other ways to heat biscuits
#1. Heat biscuits in the microwave
This can be a great option if you have little time or don’t have access to an oven.
But the microwave will cause the stock to tend to be dry and hard.
- Spray a little water on the biscuits or wrap them with a damp (non-absorbent) paper towel to keep them moist.
- Place biscuits on a microwave-safe dish.
- Put them in the microwave on high heat for about 30-45 seconds.
- Check if the cakes are heated through and if not, continue for 15 seconds each time until they reach the desired crispness.
- Take them out of the microwave and let them cool. Enjoy them with milk or whatever you like.
You can reheat frozen biscuits in the oven. This process will take some time but ensures that the biscuits will taste and texture the same as when they were fresh.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Let the biscuits defrost in ambient conditions.
- After the oven is fully preheated, place the cake on the baking tray and place it in the oven.
- Set the right temperature and heat in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy them.
Can you freeze biscuits dough?
You can freeze biscuit dough.
After cutting the biscuits, arrange them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover the baking tray with cling film and transfer to the freezer.
Once the biscuits are frozen, you can transfer them to a gallon freezer bag or airtight container. Store biscuits dough is frozen for up to 3 months.
In this brief article, we answered the question “Reheat Biscuits in Air Fryer“. We showed how to reheat biscuits in an air fryer and some basic tips. Hope the article will give you many good suggestions and can be used with your biscuits.