Every morning, wake up and enjoy a delicious cup of hot chocolate from pure cocoa to ensure your health and relax your mind for a new working day. It’s simple if you equip yourself with the knowledge to make delicious hot chocolate from pure cocoa daily to enjoy it will be perfect for your health. How to make delicious hot chocolate from pure cocoa in the right way? What Temperature to Heat Milk for Hot Chocolate? Let’s explore some of these articles!
Origin of Hot Chocolate
The origin of hot chocolate dates back to the Olmecs in South America in the 17th century. Here people used the method of grinding cocoa beans with stone and then heating them with other spicy spices such as cinnamon powder, chili, or corn flour. Hot chocolate is very popular thanks to the richness of pure cocoa powder, the natural fat of cocoa butter (accounting for more than 50%) of the cocoa bean weight.
In the US, hot chocolate is the most popular of the drinks made from cocoa.
To make a hot chocolate drink, the first condition is that pure cocoa powder must have a cocoa butter ratio of 25 – 30%, to create enough fat and chocolate flavor. Cocoa drinks made from cocoa powder without butter (under 20%) will not create a delicious hot chocolate dish.
Imagine a cold early morning, cold weather in autumn or winter, holding a glass of hot chocolate while the smoke rises. The rich chocolate flavor plus the aroma of cinnamon and mint will make you extremely excited and energetic. Hot chocolate has extremely good effects on our health.
*** Read more: How To Reheat Bread In Air Fryer – 5 Simple Steps!
How to make European-style hot chocolate from pure cocoa
- 30g pure cocoa powder
- 60g sugar
- 40g boiling water
- 400ml fresh milk with or without sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid or powdered vanilla
– First, mix pure cocoa powder, sugar, water, and a little salt in a small pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the mixture becomes very smooth.
– Add fresh milk or condensed milk and continue stirring until the chocolate reaches a temperature of about 70 – 80 degrees Celsius. When you see light bubbles, it is okay. Do not boil the mixture.
– When cocoa reaches the appropriate temperature, turn off the stove. You can add a little vanilla and pour it into a mug or small glass.
– You can add whipping cream, marshmallows, or chocolate chips, or sprinkle with cinnamon powder or ginger powder to make the drink more special.
Hot chocolate cups will be more wonderful when you add or subtract ingredients as you like:
- If you want less sweetness, you can use pure grated chocolate from 70% or more.
- If you don’t want it too sweet, you can use skim milk or almond milk, reducing the amount of added sugar.
- If you want hot chocolate to have more flavor, you can add cinnamon powder, mint flavor, espresso, or a little caramel sugar.
*** Read more: How To Reheat Burger In Air Fryer: Additional Safety Tips!
What temperature to heat milk for Hot Chocolate?
The process of heating chocolate is shown through the tempering method.
Tempering is a process that uses mechanical and thermal influences to align and bond the individual fat crystals present in cocoa butter together. Then form a stable chocolate crystal form. Chocolate after tempering will have a smooth glossy surface, tight structure, and difficult to melt under normal conditions.
When the chocolate has not undergone the tempering process, the product will be difficult to solidify at room temperature. In case of hardening, the product will not be shiny and there will be a patchy appearance on the surface. The reason is that the internal texture is not uniform and it is easy for the fat to separate from the chocolate. So if you want the chocolate to be shiny, you have to do the tempering.
Tempering temperature for each type of chocolate:
- Dark Chocolate: Melting temperature 50-55ºC, Cooling 26-28ºC, Warming 31-32ºC.
- Milk chocolate: Melting temperature 45-50ºC, Cooling 25-27ºC, Warming 29-30ºC.
- White chocolate: Melting temperature 45-50ºC, Cooling 25-27ºC, Warming 29-30ºC.
Benefits of drinking delicious hot chocolate from pure cocoa
#1. Against aging
Cocoa contains a high level of antioxidants. It has the effect of inhibiting the growth of free radicals, preventing some diseases, and reducing the aging of the body.
In addition, when adding 1 cup of hot cocoa to the body every day, will help prolong life.
#2. Spiritual excitement
Cocoa contains a small amount of caffeine. When using it every day will help you feel mentally alert, and reduce fatigue, and stress.
In addition, polyphenols in this drink also help improve serotonin levels in the brain, preventing fatigue and depression.
#3. Increased pleasure
The chocolate amphetamine component in cocoa helps to increase the user’s pleasure.
When this substance is added to the body, it acts as a transmitter. They transmit information to the brain, helping to stimulate pleasure, and sex hormones are also secreted more.
#4. Improve memory
The epicatechin in cocoa is considered a useful vitamin. Helps limit heart disease, blood pressure, and some other cancers.
#5. Reduce the risk of heart disease
Because cocoa is rich in flavonoids – namely procyanidins, catechins, and epicatechins, polyphenols help prevent the formation of blood clots that can lead to heart failure.
Cocoa also helps the blood circulation in the body take place easier. They are very good for the functioning of the cardiovascular system and effectively prevent stroke.
#6. Improve brain health
According to research by Dr. Norman K. Hollenberg – a Harvard Medical School professor: Flavanol in cocoa can help maintain a healthy brain, increase blood flow to the brain, and treat disorders of the blood vessels. blood.
#7. Support weight loss
Using a bar of dark chocolate or a cup of unsweetened cocoa every day will help you lose weight quickly. Because they do not contain high amounts of sugar and reduce cravings.
*** Read more: Why Does Chocolate Burn My Throat: How To Deal With It
Notes when using cocoa-chocolate
Besides the beneficial aspects, cocoa also contains many other side effects.
– If used too much in a day with a regular level will cause diseases such as glaucoma, diarrhea, osteoporosis, migraine…
– Should not be used much for pregnant women and the elderly.
– Cocoa is not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
– People with heart disease should not use cocoa much.
– Remember not to drink more than 2 cups of cocoa in a day and before going to bed because it will cause weight gain and insomnia.
– This product is only recommended to be used at the allowable level to be effective and beneficial for health.
– Please carefully review the instructions and production origin of cocoa to choose the right product for the family.
– Do not boil the mixture completely, only boil to 70-80 degrees Celsius for the mixture to dissolve completely. Above 100 degrees Celsius will cause the chocolate to burn and not taste good.
– Drink hot chocolate immediately after making it. Cooling will cause the cocoa butter in the cocoa powder and chocolate to crystallize, making the chocolate unpalatable.
How should chocolate be stored?
Store chocolate at the most appropriate temperature from 18 – 20 degrees C. You need to pay attention to humidity to increase the shelf life of chocolate. Usually, the standard humidity for storage is below 60%.
If you are not going to use the chocolate right away, it is best to keep the chocolate in a plastic bag. Then store in the refrigerator at a temperature of 18 – 20 degrees C. At this temperature, chocolate does not lose flavor or occur phenomena such as adhesion, watery, or lumpy.
The best way to store chocolate
- To keep the chocolate flavor not watery, you need to pay attention to storing the chocolate at the right temperature. Chocolate should be stored in a cool, ventilated place. Take advantage of the space in the kitchen such as kitchen cabinets, and pantry to store chocolate. But do not put it in places with high temperatures.
- In case you do not use all the chocolate, put it in a plastic bag or foil to store. Avoid letting air flow inside the chocolate package. Remember to store chocolate in a cool and dry place, out of direct sunlight.
- Chocolate should be stored in the refrigerator and adjusted to the appropriate temperature so that the chocolate does not lose flavor and quality.
*** Read more: How To Keep Mac And Cheese Warm For Hours: 3 Methods
Above, are the shares about “What temperature to heat milk for hot chocolate?” and the notes when using it so as not to affect your health. Thank you for reading the whole article!